Click here for full story
- A woman who defied Taliban orders by running a home school for girls was killed in front of her family and friends.
- A woman caught trying to flee Afghanistan with a man not related to her was stoned to death for adultery.
- An elderly woman was brutally beaten with a metal cable until her leg was broken because her ankle was accidentally showing from underneath her burqa.
- Women have died of curable ailments because male doctors were not allowed to treat them.
- Two women accused of prostitution were publicly hung.
on Feminist Majority Foundation site.
About Feminist Majority Foundation's Afghan Projects
Feminist Majority foundation is running several projects: assisting Afghan schools for girls,
scholarships for female Afghani refugees, petition for women's rights. Feminist
Majority Foundation also runs an online
store for Afghan women's handicrafts.
These crafts were handmade by Afghan women refugees living in Pakistan.
WAPHA (Women's Alliance for Peace and Human Rights in Afghanistan)
RAWA action campaigns (Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan)